First things first, I never realized how much I say y'all until i got here, and no one understands it. I constantly have to reword my sentences here so that the person I am speaking to understands me.
NZ is amazing! Some friends and I went on an amazing hike in the Waitakere (Why-tack-er-ee) mountain range and saw some beautiful and very lush landscape. It really puts into perspective the beauty that is really all around us, but often we take for granted. It took me being on the other side of the world to realize that I need to embrace the beauty that God has gifted me on this earth.
I really enjoy my friends here too, we are an eclectic blend of tastes and lifestyles, but we all mesh really well in our adventures. We are leaving for a tramping (hiking) trip this weekend in the Hanua Ranges which is where Auckland receives most of their drinking water from, so I will get to see heaps of waterfalls! So excited for that!
I miss my crew back home, and wish you guys could be here. I'll fill you in on how the hike was when i get back.
School here is dramatically easier than back home. I only have four classes, and for the most part the classes don't seem like they are going to require a huge amount of work, except my engineering class. There is a dramatically different amount of free time here.
Talk to you guys soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment